About IEEE Students Chapter of Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology.
IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers) is the world’s largest professional organization dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. The IEEE and it’s members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards and professional and educational activities. Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology has a active IEEE students branch conducting conferences, workshops and guest lecturers under IEEE.
Activities and highlights of IEEE student branch of Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology for the academic year 2017-18:
- Organized International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics(ICCCI-2018) from 04.01.2018 to 06.01.2018.
- The IEEE Student branch and IEEE chapter conducted Two days Workshop titled “Programming, Simulation and Optimization using MATLAB/SIMULINK” on 06.10.2017 & 07.10.2017.
- The IEEE Student branch and IEEE chapter conducted the one day Seminar on “Industry ready Engineers” on 05.01.2018 which benefitted around 268 students. Industry Resource Person from Dr.P.Anbalagan Project Manager, Robert Bosch, Coimbatore.
- The IEEE Student branch and IEEE chapter Organized Project expo on October 3, 2017 at MPMC and LIC lab.
- The department of CSE in association with IEEE chapter one day career enrichment program held at Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology on 29.7.2017 , which benefitted around 100 students.
- The department of CSE association with IEEE chapter &Inceptra student association forum organised a two days "Mobile App development" contest held at Sri Shakthi Institute of Engineering and Technology from 10.7.17 to 12.7.17 , which benefitted around 120 students.
- Invited talk by Mr.Gowtham Xavier, Senior Developer, Creo Systems Pvt Ltd, Coimbatore gave brief
- ideas about the emerging Technology and the job opportunities in the IT market. which benefitted around 165 students.
- The IEEE Student branch of SIET and the department of ECE conducted the one day Mobile Phone Servicing workshop on 06.06.2017. 35 students have attended the workshop.
- The IEEE Student branch and IEEE chapter conducted the 3 days career guidance program held from 18-05-2017 to 20-05-2017, which benefitted around 70 students.
- The IEEE Student branch and IEEE chapter conducted the 15 days Faculty development program on Automation testing from 10-05-2017 to 25-05-2017. 12 faculty members have undergone the training program.
- The IEEE Student branch and IEEE chapter conducted a seminar on Internet of Things on 08-05-2017.