Central Library of our college is housed in the ground floor of the C block in an area of 5500 sq.ft. (510 sq.m.). The partially computerized central library is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of books, printed and electronic journals, CD-ROMs, on-line databases, project reports etc.
The library also has fully subscribed access to the following external resources:
- ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers)
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers)
- DELNET (Developing Library Network)
- NDL (Nation Digital Library)
In addition to the central library, each department of SIET has its own departmental library to facilitate easy access to the faculty.
On working days: 8am To 8pm
On holidays, : 8am To 4.30pm
Before examination days : 8am To 8pm
During examination days : 8am To 8pm
During vacation : 8am To 6pm
- Sureshkumar M.com.M.L.I.ScM.Phil., - Chief Librarian
- Mohanraj B.A.,M.L.I.Sc., - Librarian
- NaveenKumar M.L.I.Sc., - Assistant Librarian
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
We are using Autolib Software version 5.5. It is user friendly software which is partially automated. It helps to save the time of our library activities. It helps to enhance the library activity in a rigid manner.
- Google class room is utilized by all the faculty members to share the course material, Assignments, Tutorials etc.,
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay - http://www.library.iitb.ac.in/
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi - http://www.iitd.ac.in/acad/library/index.html
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati - http://www.iitg.ernet.in/rs/lib/public_html/index.html
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur - http://www.library.iitkgp.ernet.in/
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras - http://www.cenlib.iitm.ac.in/
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee – https://www.iitr.ac.in/acads/centers/library/about.html
- Indian Institute of Science Banglore - http://www.library.iisc.ernet.in/
- NPTEL - http://nptel.ac.in/
- edx - https://www.edx.org/
- MIT OPENCOURSEWARE- https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
- Coursera - https://www.coursera.org/
- Udacity - https://in.udacity.com/
- Future learn: https://www.futurelearn.com/
Library advisory committee:
Objectives of a Library Committee:
For smooth functioning of the library and safe guarding the interest of all sections of the library users, formation of policies, rules & regulations and implementing the library policies in a judicious manner, an infrastructure is needed for the library. To meet the all the above objectives the Central Library is advised by a Library Advisory Committee with the following constitution and representatives.
Coordinator & Committee Members:
The committee shall consist of the following members:
- A Senior Professor to be nominated from each Department
- One student representative to be nominated.
- Librarian – Coordinator
Roles &Responsibilities of the Committee:
- To consider policy matters regarding Central Library including the policy for procurement of books and journals and render advice to the Purchase Committee for Library procurements.
- To look into day to day problems of the Library clientele, Library staff and send recommendations to the Management.
- To supervise the allocation and utilization of funds for different departments for purchase of books and journals for the Central library.
- To maintain liaison between Central Library and various Academic Departments for the purchase of networking of Departmental libraries with the Central Library.
- To consider and put forward the views of faculty members regarding books/journals selection, ordering process etc.
- To consider and put forward the views of students and Research Scholars regarding their problems and solutions sought thereof.